SFI - Fleet Resources Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SFI - Fleet Resources Center

STARFLEET International - Fleet Resources Center

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Monster Blacks

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
alwalk78

alwalk78

Monster Blacks Empty
PostSubject: Monster Blacks   Monster Blacks I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 1:11 am

Out of all of the SFMC uniforms, nothing comes close to the style and look of the Monster Blacks. I am about to sit down and make both a set of Monster Blacks as well as a set of Monster Maroons.

While I personal don't see any issues in creating these uniforms from a technical ability, I do have a lot of questions about what they are actually like, as by looking at pictures of people wearing them, I see a lot of variations. And from the brief description from SFMC Knowledge Base not all of my questions are answered.

The main grey areas that I have identified so far are:
  • the piping (There is a lot of variation in this)
  • the cuffs (Are they quilted)
  • the Arm Band (some people have them, some don't)
  • the Shoulder Strap
    -When they say Gold do they mean a Golden Yellow
    -or a Metallic Gold?
    -Is it Trimmed?
    - Etc?

I'm sure that this list goes on...

Again this isn't a question about how to make the Monster Blacks but a clarification on the components

Last edited by alwalk78 on Thu May 28, 2009 1:20 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : adding signiture)
Back to top Go down
http://www.uss-southerncross.com
andoriangurl

Monster Blacks Empty
PostSubject: monster blacks/maroons   Monster Blacks I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 1:58 am

actually, there is a very good site already dedicated to this very issue... getting the pattern is not the big issue with this uniform, the issue is the details.... the site you might want to look at is http://www.startrekuniformguide.com/MOVIESII2.html

krystal rubenstein
Back to top Go down
alwalk78

alwalk78

Monster Blacks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Blacks   Monster Blacks I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 5:44 am

alwalk78 wrote:
Again this isn't a question about how to make the Monster Blacks but a clarification on the components

I have no problems making the uniform...The question was about the variations that I have seen...etc...

e.g I have seen some people with an Armband and some without.
Back to top Go down
http://www.uss-southerncross.com
andoriangurl

Monster Blacks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Blacks   Monster Blacks I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 5:54 am

alwalk78 wrote:
alwalk78 wrote:

I have no problems making the uniform...The question was about the variations that I have seen...etc...

e.g I have seen some people with an Armband and some without.

well, the main reason for the vairaince, is the lack of solid standards, I agree there. variations occur when people from all over try to interpret what the see into a plan for a real object. thee only thing I can confirm at this point is that both the Monster Maroons and Monster Blacks, do have the band on the cuff, it was explained to me that on monster blacks, one would put their hash marks for time in service there.

my confusion on this point stemmed from the hands being behind the back on all uniform pictures on the SFMC site. omitting the neeed detail.

as far as any other "official" at least for SFI / SFMC answers, I am a firm believer in spreading fact - not opinion, and am currently researching this for you, to try to get solid answers as to what is right for sfi/sfmc..

I hope the one answer I could give at this point, helps.. I will come back with the others asap

krystal rubenstein
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Monster Blacks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Blacks   Monster Blacks I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monster Blacks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SFI - Fleet Resources Center :: STARFLEET FRC Departments :: STARFLEET Crafting & Costuming Guild-
Jump to: