SFI - Fleet Resources Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SFI - Fleet Resources Center

STARFLEET International - Fleet Resources Center

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome to Chaplain Services

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
gpurkey01

Welcome to Chaplain Services Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to Chaplain Services   Welcome to Chaplain Services I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 1:00 pm

Welcome all to the New Chaplain Services chat board. I am the Rev Lt. Gerald Purkey. I am currently one of the Two Chief Chaplains for SFI. I would like to let you know that there are two of us in the Chief Spot. The Rev Russ Ruhlund is the second Chief Chaplain. We are excited to be working together and are focused in the same direction and hope you like the way the new department will go.

This department is for the spiritual well being of the members of SFI. We are not a political tool to be used by the staff of Chaplains. If you are using this depatment for your own political goals, I would suggest you seek another department.

Chaplains should be above political in fighting and seperate from all the games. We are expected to be better. I know that puts a lot of pressure on us, but folks, you are a minister or priest/priestess in whatever faith base you follow. You should be the shining example, not the darkness that spreads.

I speak only for myself, not for Russ, when I say that I expect from the chaplains serving under us to be the best of the best. I want you to realize that you are looked up to or spat on, it depends on how you handle yourself.

Remember, the biggest rule in this service is DO NOT RECRUIT FOR YOUR FAITH BASE. Be accepting of others beliefs, even if you do not agree, and love them.

I will now step off my soapbox and leave you with this thought.

We are members of a fan organization. We are the spiritual leaders of our ships, space stations, and planatary bodies. We are first to follow people into combat and the last to leave the battle field. (in the fantasy world of SFI.) We are above pettiness, we are better than simple mindedness. We are the Chaplain Services.
The Blessings of the Spirit of Life be with you all
Back to top Go down
StoneColdQ

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Chaplain Services   Welcome to Chaplain Services I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 3:02 pm

Tesla Chaplain checking in.

Dennis
startrekchaplain@teslastation.org
Back to top Go down
terpette

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Chaplain Services   Welcome to Chaplain Services I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 3:17 pm

This line Edited by Admin for non-constructive criticism. This will not be tolerated on this forum.

Richthofen CO/ordained Wiccan priestess checking in, in lieu of a chapter chaplain. We do have someone playing counselor, but she's not an SFI member. And we're such a religiously diverse chapter, I'm not sure anyone could step into that role for us.

The big reason I want to be involved with the Chaplains Services, besides providing clergy services to 'Fleet members, is to ensure that our organization is tolerant and accepting of members who aren't Christian or Jewish. Religion's a big touchy subject, but we're fans of a universe that promotes IDIC, so I think that really should reflect back into our real-world dealings.

Karen
CO, USS Richthofen, R7 queen
Back to top Go down
http://www.trekkieturtle.com
gpurkey01

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Chaplain Services   Welcome to Chaplain Services I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 12:40 pm

We, the Chief Chaplains, welcome all that wish to be part of the list, however, if you have negative comments regarding anyone, please contact either Russell or Gerry via email BEFORE posting here. Whatever you may feel or think of a person, do not air it in a public format.

That being said, I agree with you regarding offering clergy services to all persons regardless of religious preference. Being a chaplain of any kinds requires you to be able to accept that others have different beliefs. We are all part of a larger whole and no matter what your faith base is, we serve our beliefs.

In all faiths, regardless of what it is, LOVE must be the primary responsiblity. If you are to busy seeing what they don't believe, you will miss seeing what they do. Ours is not to question why someone believes something, but to support their belief.

Remember, Chaplains are servants.

In Faith and Love

The Rev. LT. Gerald Purkey
Chief Chaplain, Chaplain's Services, SFI
Security Officer, USS Thermopylae, Region 5
Back to top Go down
Larry888

Larry888

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Chaplain Services   Welcome to Chaplain Services I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 2:33 pm

Greetings!

I do church services at the Region 1 Summit (try to be non-denominational). I also offer Chaplain Services to my crew as well. We are a religiously diverse crew. We have Christian (Protestant and Catholic), Wiccan, Jewish, and I am not sure what else. At Shore Leave, we attend Trek Church with Rev. Trekwell. I am an ordained Chaplain with the Universal Life Church. I am also a Mason.

In Service,

BGN Larry D. French, Sr.
XO, USS Inferno, R7
Co-Chief of Security, R1 Team Summit
Back to top Go down
http://www.ussinferno.org/webmaster.html
celticzazen

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Chaplain Services   Welcome to Chaplain Services I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 1:44 pm

I am an Easter Orthodox Bishop and recently renewed member of SFI... I do believe that whether in the fan world or our real life we need to embrace one another as brothers and sisters regardless of the box we find ourselves in. The creator is larger than that box.

Namaste

Fr. John
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Chaplain Services   Welcome to Chaplain Services I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Chaplain Services
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SFI - Fleet Resources Center :: STARFLEET FRC Departments :: STARFLEET Chaplains Services-
Jump to: