SFI - Fleet Resources Center

STARFLEET International - Fleet Resources Center

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome, Counselors.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Isa

Welcome, Counselors. Empty
PostSubject: Welcome, Counselors.   Welcome, Counselors. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 8:07 pm

Welcome to the official Starfleet International Ship's Counselor's board. My name is Isa, of the U.S.S. Asgard, Columbus, Ohio.

Being a ship's counselor is not an easy job. When there are problems on the ships, we are usually the ones who hear about it first and bear the brunt of other people's negative emotions and thoughts. Added to that, we are expected to take members' problems and concerns to the higher-ups.

I would like to add to the responsibilities of the Counselor and ask all of you to keep watch on the mental and emotional well-being of your crewmates as well. These are tough times for everyone, and nerves are bound to be frayed. It is our duty as counselors to help out.

THIS DOES NOT MEAN DIAGNOSING OR TREATING ANY MENTAL ISSUES THAT OUR CREWMATES MIGHT HAVE. It is a way to help discern whether someone is having a bad day and just needs to talk, or whether something more lasting and serious is going on.

Also, this Corps. is a place where counselors can come and ask their fellow counselors for advice and support. Let's face it: this is not an easy job we have chosen. I encourage everyone to come here often and utilize the resources and support that this site gives.

In Service to Fleet and Fandom,
~Isa.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Welcome, Counselors.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SFI - Fleet Resources Center :: STARFLEET FRC Departments :: STARFLEET Counselors Corps-
Jump to: